Please Click here to view the Grade R stationery requirements for 2017
The Grade R class is full of happy and active learners who are so eager to get the year under way, and to learn as much as they can. Both new and old pupils have all settled in well.
Their school day is very busy filled with many exciting activities that are designed to help each and every child develop holistically and to their full potential.
A few of these programmes include:
- Physifun: where learners are guided in the development of their Gross-Motor skills, where concentration is on balance, ball skills and locomotion.
- Kiddibeat: The learners have the opportunity of participating in a formal music lesson once a week.
- Swimming lessons: where our children are able to adjust to the feeling of being in water and eventually overcome their fears of the ‘deep side’.
- Little Chefs: Takes place every week on a Thursday, where the children enjoy a bit of either cooking, baking or healthy snack making. A real highlight to their school week.
- Audiblocks: a new addition to the programme, and the children are loving it. It helps with sequencing, memory as well as colour identification.
- Bible: the children enjoy bible stories, singing songs and playing games.
We are all looking forward to what this year holds, and will be working steadily towards our graduation at the end of the year.
Miss Tracy Stirk